So, you want to increase your sales and make more money using Poshmark. The key to this is to appear professional, no matter how long you have been using the app. Here are some tips on how to make your Poshmark closet more appealing to buyers:
1. Get Organized- You need to know your inventory in order to sell it. Go through and pick out the items you are going to sell. On a piece of paper, write down the name of each item and the details you are going to need for your descriptions (brand, size, colors, etc…). Also, you need to measure each item, and include this information in the description for your buyers. The key here is to anticipate the questions your customers are going to ask about the item. The less questions they have to ask, the more likely they are to just buy it. Having this information written down also helps you make your listings more quickly.
2. Pictures, Pictures, Pictures- I cannot stress this enough. You do not need a fancy camera to take good pictures, but you do need good, natural lighting. Usually it is best to take them in the morning or at dusk. This will make a world of difference in attracting buyers to your items.
3. Network! – Follow other Poshers. Share their listings. Repeat. When you interact with others on Poshmark, they will return the favor, and everyone gets more exposure for their closets! Do this as often as possible. The more you interact with others, the more sales you will have!
4. Customer Service- How you treat people is extremely important. Both on Poshmark, and in real life. Selling on Poshmark is a lot like working in an actual store. Be kind to everyone who comes to your closet. Answer their questions honestly. The key is to communicate with your customers, and they will remember how you treated them! Post more pictures if they need it. Post measurements for them. Just be nice in your answers to their questions, whatever they are.
5. Promote Your Closet- Engage your social media accounts to promote your Poshmark closet. Make separate accounts if you have to, that are solely for posting your Poshmark items on. Share them on your Facebook page! Search hashtags to find other Poshers on social media. Make friends and share each others’ items! Poshmark has integrated share buttons into the app to make sharing your closet on social media easy for you!
Keep in mind that consistency is key. Engage on the Poshmark app as much as you can! You have to get into the mindset that this is your business, and treat it as such. Take it seriously and you will see results in no time!
Feel free to leave questions in the comments! You can also reach me on Poshmark: @SydneyElle; and on Twitter/Instagram: @SydneyEllePM!
Disclaimer: I do not work for Poshmark, nor is this post affiliated with Poshmark in any way. These are merely my opinions based on personal experience.